No start time
• Camping equipment (hire available)
• Clothing suitable for kayaking
• Waterproof jacket
• Warm clothing
• Snacks and water
• Plenty of good food
• First Aid kit
• Cell Phone
• Bring large plastic bags suitable for keeping equipment dry
• A comprehensive Safety briefing
• Lifejackets and Paddling equipment (including a spare paddle).
• Maps and Flare
• A dry bag
PLAN YOUR TRIP
• Takaka – 25min
• Motueka – 1hr
• Nelson – 1.5hr
Multi-Day Freedom Hire
In 1642 Abel Janszoon Tasman dropped anchor off Taupo Point, he named it Murderers Bay. Now, Golden Bay is a haven for explorers of a different kind. Its an experience for those wishing to see the Abel Tasman the way it was, no maddening crowds just nature at its best.
Leaving from Tata Beach enables you to experience the magical northern end of the Abel Tasman National Park and beyond.
We are the only sea kayak operator that gives you the opportunity to paddle the full length of the Abel Tasman National Park with the wind at your back to finish at either Totaranui or Marahau.
You are responsible for your own safety and the equipment during the rental period. Sea kayaking has associated risks. Our requirements are:
• Minimum number of two people
• Need to be water confident and had kayaking experience
• Be happy and comfortable in the outdoors, be able to read a map and look after yourself in the elements
Golden Bay Kayaks
29 Cornwall Place
Golden Bay 7183